While we’re excited to be reopening, our priority is to ensure the safety of our customers and staff as we reopen our restaurant. It is also important to us that we deliver a welcoming experience and that you enjoy your visit to Trinity Restaurant.
Here’s what we are doing in the restaurant and for our staff
- Carried out a full risk assessment
- Deep clean of the restaurant daily
- Staff comprehensively retrained in procedures and shifts adapted for them to return to work safely
- A dedicated employee committed to ensuring all health and safety is to the highest standard
- All menus and condiments sanitised between each use
- Hygiene stations on entry and exit point, key touch point sanitised regularly
- Toilets checked and cleaned every ½ hour
- Condiments will not laid up and will be bought to your table. By all means bring own cutlery or glassware should it make you feel more comfortable.
- Contactless payments where possible.
- New seating arrangements in line with Government social distancing rules
When you do visit us, things may be a little different. But we have tried to implement these measures in a way that won’t impact on the experience and food that we have consistently delivered.
We ask you to help us by
- Observe social distancing at all times
- Provide us with contact details in line with Government guidance
- If you show any symptoms we ask you to amend your booking once self-isolation has taken place.
- Hand sanitisers are available on your table and toilets
- It is the responsibility of guests to ensure they are remaining within their social distancing bubbles at all times