Champagne & Sparkling Wine
1. Gusbourne Blanc de Blancs, England, 2018, 75cl £77.00 / 125ml glass £13.75
Award winning, vintage sparkling from Ashford in Kent. Complex and elegant with a fine, persistent mousse. Full of citrus aromas, followed by notes of green apple & white flowers. The palate brims with honeyed citrus notes, ripe stone fruits and delicate spice notes.
2. Pierre Bertrand 1er Cru NV 75cl £50.00 / 37.5cl £27.50 / 125ml glass £10.75
Our beautiful house Champagne is from a small family ‘house’ in the village of Cumières in the Marne Valley. It has a wonderful deep copper/gold colour and juicy peachy fruit. Lovely texture and complexity.
3. Cava Masia Bou Brut NV, Spain, 75cl £40.00 / 125ml £9.50
Fine bubbles, with a nose of citrus, ripe apple and hazelnut. Extremely vivacious in the mouth with a soft and round taste.
4. Saffron Grange Sparkling Rosé Brut, England 75cl £50.00
Made just down the road in Saffron Walden. This local wine is pretty salmon pink in colour, this youthful wine is bursting with fragrant lychee and rose petals on the nose. The palate is abundant with redcurrants and summer fruits balanced with a crisp, refreshing acidity.
5.Gusbourne Blanc de Noirs, England, 2019, 75cl £95.00
Light golden in colour with a delicate mousse and a vibrant nose. Generous and rounded on the palate with red cherry, ripe strawberry and red apple. There is slatey mineral character and notes of freshly baked pastry and sweet spice, leading to a complex, long finish.
6. Bollinger Special Cuvée Brut NV 75cl £95.00 / 37.5cl £55.00
A classic Champagne and rightly so. Full bodied and powerful. Toasty, nutty and biscuit with citrus notes and a complex creamy mouthfeel. Excellent with fish, especially smoked.
7. Billecart Salmon Brut Rosé NV 75cl £105.00 / 37.5cl £65.00
Rich, expressive, layered and complex. The best value of the classiest pink Champagnes. Utter joy!
8. Pol Roger Vintage Blanc de Blancs 2013 75cl £145.00
Lively, piercing freshness and very lemon-zesty. Appetising and energetic. The best of the best Grand Cru sites and six years cellar age. Heavenly homage to the chalky mature Chardonnay style.
9. Billecart Salmon Cuvée Nicolas Francois 2002 75cl £195.00
Extraordinary Champagne from an extraordinary vintage, 20 years old! I think Jancis Robinson put it best “Eletrically reverberant… very complex and uncompromising … dense and savoury. Intellectual wine!”